Hooray! More updates! California has made significant progress in getting the disease rates under control which has allowed the state to relax some of its restrictions. See below for the newest changes to mask requirements in CA.
For fully Vaccinated persons: masks only required in the following settings
- Public transportation
- Healthcare buildings/settings
- While indoors at schools for grades K-12, and childcare
- State and local correctional facilities and detention centers
- Homeless, emergency and cooling centers
For Unvaccinated persons: Still required to wear a mask in indoor public settings such as:
- Movie Theaters
- Family entertainment centers
- Public state and local government offices
For Workplace Environment
- Employees who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear masks indoors and employers are required to document their vaccine status.
- Healthcare settings still require masks indoors regardless of vaccine status
- Masks are not required outdoors regardless of vaccination status
For Business or event hosts: May chose to do one of the following
- Allow vaccinated persons to self-attest their vaccination status upon entry and provide information regarding vaccination requirements to all customers
- Implement verification system to determine vaccine status to confirm compliance before entry
- Continue mask requirement for all patrons
California, S. of. (n.d.). Masks. Coronavirus COVID-19 Response. https://covid19.ca.gov/masks-and-ppe/.