Healthy Weight Program
Hello! Welcome to our new weight program designed to help create healthy nutrition and exercise goals that keep you focused on a healthier lifestyle. If you’re looking at this brochure then you’ve already reached the first step! Just recognizing the need for improvement is great place to start and I strongly encourage you to keep it up. Everyone has room to improve in some area of their lives and, our medical team is here to guide you along you and your child’s personal healthy weight journey.
- Obtain any necessary labs such as Lipid panel, HgA1c, TSH, HgB
- Fill out initial healthy weight questionnaire
- Initial weight check
- Meet with a provider for your first healthy weight visit
- Come up with a personalized long term and short term eating and exercise plan
- Weekly check in visits with a Medical Assistant to log your progress and to provide you with periodic educational handouts
- Second visit with provider to discuss progress and make any necessary adjustments to your personalized plan
- Weight check
- Continue weekly MA visits and log progress
- Third visit with provider to discuss progress and make any necessary adjustments to your personalized plan
- Weight check
- Continue weekly MA visit and log progress
- Final visit with a provider to review overall progress
- Come up with a long term plan for your continued progress
- Option to repeat the program for another 3 months
- Win a small prize for completing the program! Good job!
Call our office to schedule your first appointment today! Appointments for HWP are on Thursdays.
Facts About Obesity
- Obesity is one of the top 5 leading causes of death globally
- More than 13 million children are considered obese in the United States
- Obesity related diseases leads to 2.8 million deaths each year.
Today’s environment is filled with endless advertisements for processed and artificially sweet foods that are harmful to our bodies. And everyone’s biology is different. Your environment and your body type is not your fault, but it is your responsibility. With motivation and support you can take control of your health one step at a time.
Benefits to having a healthy weight include, decreased risk of the following diseases:
- coronary heart disease and stroke, hypertension, type II diabetes, fatty liver disease, GERD, gallbladder disease, sleep apnea, arthritis, constipation, polycystic ovarian syndrome and many more. Having unhealthy weight and lifestyle habits is also linked to mental health problems such as anxiety and depression.